Subject: Listing which version what works with ...
From: Chris Richards <[email-masked]>
To: AMOS posting <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1993 10:15:24 -0500 (CDT)

There has been a lot of talk about some excellent-sounding extensions for
AMOS, but I think a lot of folks (including me) are confused about what
extensions work with what version of AMOS.  If the People Who Know could
include that information (maybe a P for Pro or a C for Classic) when they
discuss the extensions, a lot of confusion could be cleared up.

A few Q's:

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of extensions?

Are these things public domain or shareware?  If so, could someone upload
them to Aminet?  If not, what steps need to be taken to gain access to them?

On the ask Francois front:  will bug fixes continue to be released for
AMOS Pro while the PC version is being developed (especially the annoying
way the sound banks are corrupted when using the SAMPLE EDITOR)?

I would gladly pay any registration fee/club membership for access to
commands which could use a CASE statement or read a second mouse.  WHat
other neat AMOS add ons (extensions or just programs to use in
conjunctions with AMOS) exist out there?

Any new word on when the TURBO Pro version will be out?

What programs exist on Aminet or otherwise which have been written in
AMOS?  I'd be interested in getting a list together so that people who
were interested in the language could be pointed to some of the final
products.  The two I've finished (plenty in development, etc etc), Wabes
and Cow Wars, are both available on aminet/games/misc and /shoot
respectively but there must be others.  Particularly nice looking games
that will make would be games programmers take notice of the language.

Thanks again for any information.

Chris R